The position embraced and held by belt knives in our personal knives is going higher and significant day by day. You may have noticed that such knives are used for cutting saplings, felling a tree and also creating notches. If you have purchased these similar kinds of Damascus steel knives, then know about the common uses given out by them:
A belt knife cut samplings for you
- The common function served by a belt knife is that it helps you cutting samplings. We all know that cutting saplings is one of the necessary and important jobs when it comes to shelter building. Before making a shelter, you have to understand that a suitable wood type is a greenwood.
- So, for cutting such samplings, a belt knife can help you. This is a flexible wood structure and a belt knife makes this cutting job easy for you. To cut down this sampling, what you need to do is bend the sapling over, and then you have to stress the fibers. Simply cut them into them at an angled position and build up your shelter. Moreover, there are many handmade knives that work on a similar belt knife mechanism.
Helps you felling trees of manageable sizes
- In addition, individuals can commonly use belt knives for felling trees that are of manageable sizes. However, you should not perceive and assume that this knife can fell 50-year-old big and giant trees, this is not the case over here! All trees that are younger and newly matured and also surrounded with manageable sizes, they can be easily cut with belt knives. For felling old and big trees, obviously, you need an axe or need to grab an axe/saw combination.
- On the other hand, if the tree is 4″–5″ in diameter, then you can conveniently cut upon using a belt knife. All in all, this is an emergency and fulfills many of your emergency-related tasks. Through a belt knife, you are allowed to harvest the material for collecting a good amount of fuel. This whole technique is given the name of beaver chewing. Here you baton your blade and then create a V notch completely around the tree. After that, you reduce the diameter until and unless you are in a position to push the tree for extended and further use.
A belt knife assists you create notches
- Whenever we talk about notching of material, then we generally mean that this technique is used and availed for building a structure. Furthermore, this specific technique is utilized for manipulating a pot right over the fire so that trap components can be created. In other words, it is these simple-looking notches that used to hold and intact everything together and they do not even require the use of cordage or any other kind of fasteners.
- So, simply use belt knives and create notches in less span of time. If you think that how the most important as well as rudimentary notches can be created and how much their dimension should be, then keep in mind that the commonly used notches are 7 notches and the log cabin notch, as well as the V notch.
Thus, all these basic kinds of notches can be created and built up by using a belt knife. Moreover, if you want to pour your feedback on this topic, then let us know and freely share that with us. Let us all see how the use and working of belt knives are going to be revolutionized as time passes! So, to grab such details, stay tuned and connected with us.